Professional Learning in the FTLA
How do we set up the ideal learning environment?
Did you Know:
What does education look like in the 21st Century?
Why are we here?
Goals for the Class
- Reduce Learning Barriers: Many students have preconceived notions of what they cannot and cannot learn. How does presentation of materials impact their perception of what they’re able to learn?
- To build a community of faculty so we’re not facing these problems by ourselves
- To create more succinct lesson plans: shorter and more focused!
- Are the campuses fully aware of FTLA?
- How to make more course material more relevant to students everyday
- New strategies for intrinsic motivation
- Making coursework more relevant to students’ lives: administrative by in to move beyond textbook, finding something that’s relevant.
- How to incorporate technology like Facebook to keep constant communication
- Unlearn old narratives (like student writing, less motivation)
- Facilitate building more SMART room classes
- How to not have such a focus only on grades…
Golden lines from College Fear Factor
First day of FTLA reflection.